Blue Knights® International
Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club
Fraternity. Pride. Service.
The Blue Knights® International Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club, is a non-profit fraternal organization consisting of active and retired law enforcement officers who enjoy riding motorcycles. In the Spring of 1974, several law enforcement officers* from the Bangor, Maine (USA) area met and formed a small, local motorcycle club.
Soon, Blue Knight chapters were being formed in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and beyond. With the addition of Canada, and later Australia, the Blue Knights became an international organization.
Our charitable organization has contributed over $18.3 million dollars toward various charities throughout the world since statistics were kept.
Our organization is comprised of active, and retired law enforcement officers and we strive to promote our organization as being a family fraternity. Spouses and children often accompany our members to the various rides and functions.
Oregon Chapter 2 is a member of the West Coast Conference and is located within the central Willamette Valley and surrounding areas.
- Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
- To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
- To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
- To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
- To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.
Briefly, to qualify for membership you must:
- Be an active full or part time law enforcement officer with powers of arrest.
- Be employed by a governmental agency and receive monetary compensation, or be a retired or disabled former law enforcement officer.
- Possess a valid license to operate a motorcycle.
- Own a motorcycle or plan to purchase one within six months.
Further details and a membership form can be found on the Blue Knights International membership page